not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Some days you're the windshield
Some days you're the bug.


Like Murphy, I am in a very "poor, but civil mood today." After yesterday afternoon's ... umm ... "discussion" with J, I bailed on work a little early to "clear my head". For me, clearing my head generally involves driving my truck at unsafe speeds, while blaring some sort of angry rock music, with the windows down and the wind blowing my hair everywhere to kind of "blow the negative off" of me. My speed is usually proportionate to the amount of emotional stress I'm under. Yesterday, the highway of choice was I-270, and the music of choice was Evanescence and Linkin Park. We won't discuss what the speed of choice was, but shall we just say that I covered a significant amount of ground in a half-hour?

So, riddle me this: why am I hung up on this whole "J" thing? I keep re-visiting this in my head, and I'm not coming up with any constructive answers. Do I just have this personality that only is addicted to hot men that work in the IT industry? I didn't ASK for him to just come barging into my life, he just DID. I think I just am meant to be alone, with the occasional booty call for my own personal satisfaction. Because I apparently am not proficient at keeping any type of relationship afloat. Maybe B rubbed off on me in January.

Something that amused me this morning: Heard an ad on the radio for True.com. This dating website pre-screens all applicants for marital status and criminal records. What kind of a society do we live in? Granted, I've been naive enough to have not flat-out asked about the whole marital status thing before, but I guess I just take forgranted the fact that not everyone is as honest and ethical as I am. But really ladies, in today's age of technology, don't you (at bare minimum) Google any potential date prior to accepting? I know that I do, it's just a safety measure. I won't even give out my work or Gmail address to anyone until I'm sure I can trust them, let alone my home phone number. It frightens me that there is a niche market for a dating website that offers these services. Then again, at the rate I'm going, I'll be looking for a hookup on "www.OldBitterSpinsters.com" soon.