not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, July 15, 2004

So.
 
After having a teeny little MINOR freak out on J earlier today, I finally got my shit together.  I think I just needed the proverbial "pat on the head" and told that everything is OK.  I'm a bit gun-shy about relationships since pouring my heart out to R and being ignored, and then trusting T (only later to find out he's married).  And I did what any other respectable professional woman would do - I took it out on my coworkers. 
 
I just stayed put in my own little cubic-hell all day long, sullen all the while, and then left at about 4:45.  I went home and promptly passed out on the couch.  My back-up computer is hosed as well, so I think I am just going to give up on technology all together.  I'm at the stupid library again, just in case you were wondering where this post came from. 
 
On to other news:  Have Clippers tickets tomorrow night, taking Princess and R to the game.  It's supposed to be fabulously gorgeous outside, I'm planning on enjoying me some "ott dawggie" (as Princess says) and a beer at the ballpark.  What will transpire with the R situation?  No one really knows.  What do I want to happen?  Again, no one really knows.  The age-old question shall linger ... do I wear the "good underwear" just in case?
 
I think maybe my minor freak-out with J stemmed from the fact that I knew that tomorrow was coming, and that I wanted to not feel guilty about going out (or whatever you call it) with someone else (that I quite obviously have feelings for but have shut them up for obvious reasons) in the same week - after I'd just bedded someone who quite possibly could pan out into a real and serious relationship.  I try not to bring R up when I'm around J, as it makes him a tad bit jealous that we still are so close.  OK, so maybe I slide it in purposely from time to time ... but not too often. 
 
But today's discussion with J was left at the fact that neither of us want to move too fast and "burn out" on the other.  We're taking our time enjoying what the other has to offer, learning all about each other slowly, and having some incredibly great sex along the way.  And hey - the day ended fabulously ... I learned that J has a huge "naughty librarian" fantasy.  Maybe I should wear my glasses more often ...