not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The short list.
(a two-posts-in-one-day treat!)
 
Well, since I can't sleep, even after taking a Tylenol PM, I will just sit here and write.  How's about a list of "What's Important In A Mate."  Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments.

1.  Most important:  Someone that loves my daughter like she was their own kid.  She's the best kid in the whole wide world, and she deserves to be happy. 

2.  Someone with a sense of humor.  It takes a very special person to put up with me, and that someone had better be able to laugh at my bad jokes.

3.  Someone that has the nerve to have flowers delivered to me at work.  Not a dozen roses or anything like that ... just a small bouquet would totally brighten my cubic-hell, as well as put a smile on my face for the rest of the week.  A well-written card would certainly earn extra bonus points ... I'm pretty sure a "secret admirer" bouquet would send me into the stratosphere right now.  Maybe I need to just buy my own flowers, as I'll likely die waiting for anyone to send me some at the rate I'm going.

4.  Someone that unselfishly will fold my clean laundry.  I don't mind washing it, but folding it really seems to be beyond my realm of responsibility.  I would be fine with never folding my laundry ever again.

5.  I'm tired now.  Maybe I'll think of more tomorrow.  I've had enough wallowing in my own self pity for one afternoon.