not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, July 09, 2004

Cooties!

Hey all - gonna be out all weekend, but not by choice.

Apparently, someone has decided it would be GREAT FUN to hack into my computer (got my IP addy from a comment I left somewhere, I'm assuming), destroy my personal firewall, and infect it w/ some virus crap (Sasser, I think). I can't clean it, it's too far gone with all the rest of the crap that's on it as is. I can boot it in Safe Mode, but booting LNG doesn't work. Apparently my boot sector is jacked, so ... I give up. I just left it @ the sitter's for R to pick up tonight, and take and reformat it over the weekend. He can Ghost it, and save all my photos and school files (I'll cry if I lose all my law briefs), and then just reformat the stupid thing. ..::sigh::.. He's going to load it up w/ BlackIce again (it sucks my memory, that's why I told him to take it off before). I'm just glad I keep all my financial info at work, as I DARE anyone to get past this security. (Hacking into a financial institution = Federal offense).

My level of resistance was totally worn down last night, as I was already frustrated w/ my computer to the point of wanting to punt it out into the front yard. Add in: My major project that I've put my freaking LIFE into at work launched today, and last night I was was freaked out. I worry until things like that are all said and done. Plus, I managed just now to snap my underwire in my bra (don't ask me how I managed that one). Now I have a wire poking me in my left boob, on top of everything else.

Is it socially acceptable and professional behavior for me to ball up in the fetal position under my desk and rock and mutter to myself: "find a happy place ... find a happy place ... find a happy place ..."