not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Saturday, July 24, 2004

Allons,  allons au theatre!
 
I went on a hot date tonight - went to see The Bourne Supremacy.  I took myself to see it.  I've never been to see a movie by myself before, it was really unnerving.  I didn't have anyone to hold my hand, to laugh with, or to laugh at me when I jumped at the scary parts.  I don't think I'll be going to the movies by myself ever again.    It sucks ass.

The movie itself was pretty good.  I didn't really care for how it was shot, as the cameras were shaky (at best).  The plot was pretty good, and I look for there to be a third (is there a third book?).  Anyhow, I recommend seeing it, it's worth the $6.50 I paid for my ticket (god bless my student ID). 

Oh and dig this.  Apparently, I'm not as lame as I thought.  Some really hot high-school-looking (translated: jailbait) kid hit on me outside of Hollister.  I just smiled and asked him "honey, do you know how old I am?"  and he guessed 18 or 19.  I just kinda chuckled, and told him that I am nearly 28.  He just about fainted.  You could tell his buddies were over by Cup O Joe watching him work his "A" game, so I just grabbed him by the t-shirt neck, leaned over and whispered in his ear ... "just tell them that I have a boyfriend, and he's in college, and that I'm here visiting my parents from UNC.  Nice to meet ya."  I kissed him on the cheek, and just smiled as I walked away.   All I heard behind me was "DUDE!" from the guys.   I got a thrill about getting hit on, and he got a thrill for getting some random woman in the mall to kiss him (and leave a Lovechild smooch-mark on his cheek).  Everyone wins.

Ah well, time to go make myself some sort of bachelor chow.  I'll be around for the better part of the night, alone with Salem The Super Cat, if anyone's so inclined to drop me a line.  I'll be here snuggling under my beloved Vellux blanket.  Maybe I can rustle up some pizza rolls or some other delectable treat.