not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, June 01, 2004

The Thunder From Down Under.

Miss Australia won Miss Universe tonight. Miss USA (side to Miata: "COULD SHE BE ANY FREAKING HOTTER?!?"), a former Miss Missouri in Miss America (but with a new nose and a much bigger rack) was first runner up. I had Australia picked from the get-go tonight, her gown was the shit. I even picked up the phone and called my mother to tell her to tune in to see it(she's at a sleep clinic for an overnight study).

Anyhow, she's a stunner, that's for sure. And get this - among her many prizes, Miss Universe receives a very pricey chandelier. What the hell is she going to do with a $10,000 chandelier? Sheesh.

Back to work with me tomorrow. Princess was sick today, so I played hooky to take care of her. It was really nice to just hang out and do nothing all day with her! We watched lots of Noggin, and played with every toy she owns. I don't get her back till Friday now, but that's OK. It's going to take me a minimum of that long to rectify the destruction that has been wreaked on my formerly clean house. I'll work three days this week, then it's parade weekend. Princess loves parades! My mom is coming to stay with me on Monday and Tuesday. I work Monday, Tuesday, and half of Wednesday next week, then off to Miss Ohio. We're checking into our hotel on Wednesday afternoon, and they have a pool. Princess will love it. She's going to the pageant Wednesday and Thursday night, and then I drop her off at the sitter's on Friday ... but only after I pick up Gal-Pal from el aeropuerto. I have my favorites for Miss Ohio this year, but I have a sinking feeling that the judges will do something dumb yet again, and send someone not ready for(or worthy of) the Miss America Pageant. Surf on over to the contestant website, and tell me your pick in the comments section below!