not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, June 07, 2004

It's raining men, hallelujah.

For once in a really long while, let's talk about one of the things that makes me smile. No no, not handbags or shoes ... boys. I'm inspired after re-reading last night's long entry. Shall we discuss what makes your fair Martini tick?

1. Smile. Nice even teeth, and a honest and real smile. I'm weird, I know - I have this thing for teeth. Still a favorite smile: Jason Biggs.

2. Self-Assurance. It takes a hell of a man to keep up with a woman with a resume like mine. I'm not cocky about what I've done in my life, but some men can be intimidated by a former model and beauty queen (it is NOT a pageant, it's a SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM thankyouverymuch). Add in the fact that I'm very career oriented, and most men get a little turned off by that.

3. Eyes. Preferably blue. Mind you, I'm not hooked on a specific color, but they must sparkle appropriately, with a tiny taste of that ornery "I'm the one your momma warned you about". Current favorite eyes: Paul Walker.

4. Sense of humor. I love a good sarcastic sense of humor. Not completely obscure-sarcastic, but bare minimum he should be able to keep up with Fark and the site formerly known as Tucker Max (which should be back as soon as Tucker gets off his lazy ass and gets the server back up and running again). A man that thinks Adam Sandler is funny is certainly a top contender in my book as well.

5. Project and Time Management skills. I need someone that can keep up with my bizarre ADHD-like thought process. I usually have about fifty projects in the pipeline at a time, and I need a man that can tolerate my scatterbrain-ness (is that a word?). Although it is indeed part of my charm, it's something that some people just can't stand.

6. Boyish charm. I find men that have just a *touch* of shyness are the most endearing. You know the type - raucous while out with the boys, but will blush when you "accidentally" brush his hand across your exposed skin, or catch him staring at you while you're pulling your hair back from your face. These are hard to find, a rare treat, as most of the "men's men" are total pricks when with a woman too.

In short, I don't want a man that will smother me. Been there, done that, not fun. I don't want a man that will ignore me and treat me like I don't exist. Been there too. But isn't there a nice happy medium out there - respect, courtesy, sarcastic sense of humor, and a great smile all in one? Ah yes, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the incredibly adorable Mike Valpredo is taken. (Betcha thought I forgot all about my favorite morning show host! LOL)

Tomorrow (after my usual morning show routine, of course) I have a major presentation. Then, I'm on the downslide till I get to leave. I have plans tomorrow night. I think I will suggest meeting for coffee, as I'm not ready for dinner. Because, well, as we ALL know what happened the LAST time I agreed to go out to dinner with a man (reference: January 13th entry). ha ha

Till tomorrow ...