not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Day One Swiftly Comes.
(and other Wednesday musings)


First and foremost: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WAYNE! You thought I forgot, didn't ya? Here's to the life of the bestest single dad I know.

Tomorrow is Day One ... the new companies are merging (Chase and Bank One). My company has some kick ass benefits, and I keep hearing through the grapevine that they are going to slash them up. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning. They already took away casual Fridays, but hey ... at least I still work there to whine about it, unlike the bunch of IT folks that got pink-slipped last week.

I was worried that I might be told to pack up my cubic-hell tomorrow morning upon arrival. Alas - 'tis not to be! I have had an upward movement in my hierarchal title ... I am now officially titled as a Senior Operational Analyst. This brings no additional pay, but brings me one step closer to my "AVP by the age of 30" goal. I also received clearance, full tuition and books paid, to obtain my professional certification I've been drooling over. Is it classist to want to have letters behind my name on my business card?

Emailed back and forth with J today ... all day long. He's cute, funny, charming, and did I mention cute? Maybe lunch on Friday is in order, we shall see.

Have a nasty summer cold. I sound like that annoying lady from "The Nanny". Or even worse, Chandler's girlfriend Janice ... OHHH MYYYY GAAAAWD!

Other than the cold, could my life get any better right now? I have a good, solid job, cute men in my life, the most adorable daughter in the whole wide world, ... all I need is a good sunny day to lay my white self in the sunshine - I need a tan.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering ...

74 days till I leave for AC.

Yes I had drinks with R last night. And yes I liked it.