not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, June 21, 2004

ARIES, June 21 - There is so much friction in the room your hair is practically standing on end. Is that something weird with the electricity and the carpets, or is what you're feeling romantic tension?

I think it's romantic tension. I'm at an interesting crossroads, as I have several things going on in my life right now. Let's run them down, shall we?

TheDate: A nice guy, but is the spark there? Don't know. It's hard to make a snap judgment when you are absorbed in the trappings of a first date, you know?

ItsJustLunch: Ran into him in the cafe today. Well, it was more of a "ran BY him" in the cafe today. He was dining with an SVP I recognized (but have never been formally introduced to), and I was running late for my 1:00 meeting (imagine that). I decided it was best not to butt in, so I didn't do anything more than flash my million-watt smile. And it was warmly returned, complete with a little blush. Girlfriend informed me that he is interested, so it's one of those "right place, right time" things. He's a little shy (the way I like 'em), so it may take a little while. But I would imagine that it would be worth the wait if it "happened", you know?

Which brings me to R. Ahh, the recurring theme of strain and stress in my life. I've been through some serious ups-and-downs in the past six months, and it's been since February 23rd since I've told him how I feel. The bottom line is this: I need some closure. I'm done feeling selfish about pushing for a resolution, as it's selfish of R to continually string me along without either saying, "yes, I think we should try to work this out", or "no, we just can't turn back." And the really selfish part? I don't think I could be just his friend. I think there's only two options here: romantic interest, or ex-husband. I don't think there's an option c: friend.

This leads into today's revelation. I offered to either meet up with him Tuesday or Thursday night, his place or mine (depending on who had the Princess). I can't keep going on like this - either it's time for R to step up, be a man, and act like he wants to date me ... or cut me emotionally loose and I can move on. I need the satisfaction of him looking me in the face and saying what needs said. We shall see.

In happier news - Who Wants To Marry My Dad? is back! Yay!

Till tomorrow ...

(11:29 PM EDIT - just purchased a copy of TEN BIG ONES with my handy-dandy coupon from eBay. My final price for a hardback copy? $8.79, shipped to my door. Yippee!)