not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

And while we're on the subject of dating ...

The Date called this evening. He said that he had a great time last week, and that he had heard about the results of the weekend on the news. He also mentioned that he knew I was headed to Atlantic City to follow her all the way, because that's just the kind of friend I am. He then asked when he could see me again. Finally, he left his number so I could return his call and hung up.

That's right, I didn't answer the phone. I didn't want to deal with it tonight. I've been doing such a lot of soul searching today, that I wasn't in the mood to think about being with someone other than The Usual Suspect. I think that I still have that wistful glimmer of hope that things will work themselves out soon, however misguided that glimmer of hope may be.

Confronting the cold reality that I'll likely never get the chance to have another child really made me think a lot today. I always wanted at least two children, and it's fairly apparent that I won't get to realize that dream.

I'm going to take an Excedrin PM and go to bed - maybe I can sleep this off.