not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Well, maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya
It's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah


Yet another busy day at work. I had meetings all morning, and then worked on reconciling a database all afternoon. I know, it sounds so boring and trite. But what I do really is important, because I help protect the firm from infractions of such trivial laws as the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. Did you know that one infraction of either of those acts could bring fines totalling $2 BILLION? No pressure on me, really.

Nothing new on the R front. Just more brooding and whining. I think I'm on the "upswing" of this whole "let's feel sorry for ourself" thing ... digging out of the valley, as it were. To quote more of today's "theme song" (reference the 2/21/04 entry) ...

Baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew ya
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
But love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah


In other news, R has Princess tonight. I came home and picked up all of her little toys that were strewn about the living room. This house is really quiet without her here.

Tomorrow night is the Friends Finale party downtown. I'm excited, as I'm going with friends. R couldn't get out of his consulting job to go (hey when they pay you $80 an hour, you don't turn em down). That's OK, we'll have a good time, rub elbows with the channel 4 folks, and watch a piece of history unfold. Maybe a certain attractive sportscaster-turned-morning show host will be there ... I'll pack more business cards in my Kate Spade (just in case).

PS ... the title and the lyrics in the middle are from a song I heard on The O.C. tonight. I think I may pick up Mix 1 this weekend.