not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, May 02, 2004

Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there


It's so hard on these weekends when Princess is with R. I just feel so empty without her. I just got home, and headed for the fridge ... and there was her little sippy cup waiting for her to come home to drink the juice in it.

I spent the weekend at mom and dad's. It was nice to have no pressure and no worries, but I totally missed my sweet girl. Saturday, we got our project off the ground. We had some great conversation, and it looks like we are going to have a wonderful time. Today, I got up at 9 AM, and dad made me pancakes. And then I just vegged out all day long in my beloved yoga pants and a sweatshirt. Took a nap, and drove home. Paid $1.79 a gallon for gas. UGH, why does it have to be so expensive?

For those "inquiring minds", no I didn't go and see B. Strangely, now that I'm out of that "rebellion and validation-seeking phase", I feel like I'm cheating on R when I think about anyone else. I guess it's because I'm still in this God-awful limbo phase. I looked really hot on Saturday (if I do say so myself), but I just didn't go. I drove by, but didn't stop. Besides, I didn't see B's truck there (it's pretty unmistakable, a HUGE red Suburban with custom plates. He needs that to pull his big ol boat). Anyhow, I think I would have felt totally guilty about being there if I would have stopped.

This week, The Weather Channel says that it will be dry and warm. I hope that they are right, as I've had far too much rain in my life lately ... literally, and metaphorically.

11:45 UPDATE: Need advice, please comment appropriately. Suppose a certain person was dragging themselves over the coals, trying to prove her love to her ex. She has, time and time again, poured her heart and soul out to said ex. And suppose this ex has given little feedback over time to her. Then, suppose that said ex turns up in photos at a specific "Divorce' Soiree" for a radio station, basically a "meat market" for divorcee's. Would I ... errr ... she ... have a right to be pissed? And suppose that she's really tired of waiting, and really lonely. At what point would it be fair to tell him that she wants some resolution to the continual emotional rollercoaster she's been on for more than two months?

I sent a note to R with the subject line of "Important." I wasted no words by telling him this, and only this: "We need to talk. Monday or Tuesday, lunch or after Princess is in bed. Call me and tell me which works best for you. Thanks."

Thoughts?