not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, May 17, 2004

life is a highway
i'm gonna drive it all night long


I am so road-weary. I have been travelling up to mom and dad's in Akron for each weekend for the past five weeks. One more weekend, this weekend, and then I will get Memorial Day weekend off from travelling. I really need a rest! My poor cat has been staying with his grandma and grandpa for the past week, just so he doesn't have to spend all that time in his bye-bye box (his carrier). It's 2.5 hours each way, so it's not fair to expect him to spend 5 hours a week in a plastic box that is just a big longer than he is.

Next weekend, I'm taking Princess up to my hometown festival! I've been going to Cherry Blossom since I was a tiny little girl, and I was even the Miss Teen Cherry Blossom Queen back in 1990-something. (Like I'm going to tell you what year! Ha!) There's always a nice parade, a plethora of food, and fun rides. Princess will have a great time, as her auntie that LOVES to spoil her (my sister) is excited to come and spend time with her that weekend too.

This past weekend, I was the "assistant" to Girlfriend, as she competed in the Mrs. Ohio pageant. She didn't win, but she did a GREAT job in my opinion. I also made it over to Joann Fabrics and bought the patio lights I've been wanting. I tried to purchase some ribbon and rosettes to make SIDS Awareness ribbons, but the stupid store was out of both items! I'll have to go today and try to buy some.

Sweet angel Lily's funeral was yesterday. Some of the brigade went down to be with Ani, and they say she's holding up OK. I really do worry that she will be OK. I know she is so strong, but I can't imagine her pain right now. That is something that no mother should EVER have to face, and my heart just aches for her and her family. Please, take the time to read a bit about SIDS. It's truly an evil, silent killer.

R news ... he called me this morning, just to chat about his weekend. It was nice, he was really positive about it! I'm glad he's feeling better.

No news on the relationship front. OH OH OH with one exception. Remember how I had mentioned that I had joined match.com? Well apparently, I'm not the only one that has done so. Dig this ... found B on there. I sent Lunasea a link to his page, so that she could do the appropriate spell over his photo. If you want to see, e-mail me, and I'll tell you his "username".