not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, May 23, 2004

I'm a little tired, a little wired, and I think I deserve a little appreciation!

In case you haven't noticed, most of my post titles are from songs or from movies, or are "quotable quotes". Most of my inspiration comes from popular culture. Today's title is from a favorite flick of mine, Gone In 60 Seconds. It's actually one of the few DVDs that I fought R over when we divorced. I know it's a cheesy movie. I know that it's certainly not Nicolas Cage's best work. But DAMN, Angelina Jolie as a blonde? That is enough right there to make me think about playing for the other team. As she says, she's a sucker for a redhead ... I definitely fit THAT bill!

Anyhow, back to the title ... that's how I feel today. I'm exhausted, to the point of being wired. And I feel awful. Let me explain. I took Princess up to my mom and dad's this weekend, because my mom is ill (I have mentioned that she is in the advanced stages of systemic lupus, haven't I?). I had planned on going to watch the Mrs. Ohio International pageant on Saturday night, but mom wasn't feeling well, and I decided not to go at the last minute (even had proper care set up for Princess) because mom was miserable. Well, my friend won. She won a MAJOR title, and I wasn't there to see it happen. I am a bad friend. Nationals are in Chicago ... maybe a road trip is in order. That would set my karma right again, I think. And to compound matters, didn't have time or energy to hook up with Mr. Ducati whilst there. Being the "good daughter" is terribly draining. I really hope to get some peace and quiet here at home, as R has Princess tomorrow and Tuesday night.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be home. I'm actually spending next weekend at home, judging a state pageant that I won in 1990-something (again, NOT telling you what year). It will be nice to spend some time at home, just relaxed. R has the princess, so hopefully I can get a little cleaning done, and make my bedroom presentable again ... just in case I should ever need it.

Besides ... "What do you think is more exciting , having sex or boosting cars?"