not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Saturday, April 17, 2004

"When one door closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we don’t see the one which has opened for us." -Helen Keller

Today is yet another in a string of bittersweet days. I am sitting here, writing my resignation letter. Everything in me wants to write a scathing diatribe about everything that I think is wrong with the program, and why they are flushing one of their best and most dynamic resources down the toilet. But, because I'm so tactful and kind, I will just blithely say "good bye", and wish everyone the best.

I'm supposed to go to the zoo with R tomorrow, but he hasn't called to firm up plans. If it was anyone else, I would promptly chastise them for being so non-communicative, blast them with a long diatribe regarding their lack of manners, and then refuse to see them again. But, alas ... my ethical boundaries are tested when it comes to R.

It's 9:30 right now ... and I haven't heard from him. Sometimes (well, a lot of the time), he pisses me off to no end.

10:15 Update: He finally called and asked my opinion on tomorrow. Due to his contracting job needing his attention tomorrow afternoon, we would have only had about two hours. For anyone that's ever been to the Columbus Zoo, this should afford plenty of time to fight for a parking space, and then proceed to enter the gates ... just prior to turning around and coming home. So, we agreed to block Saturday off for each other. Here's hoping that he decides not to allow his consulting job to encroach upon his already meager personal life yet again.

It's just as well, because I have a bike that needs ridden, and golf clubs that need cleaned and taken to the driving range. Ben Gelber says it's supposed to be 78 and sunny tomorrow, so I think that I should get out and enjoy it.