not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Saturday, April 24, 2004

Text Message Du Jour.

Would love to talk about "things". 11 PM, over wine, on my patio? If not, I will take the hint for good. See you then?

Stay tuned.

11:15 PM Update: R just called, he's going to bed, exhausted. After I drug him from one end of the zoo to the other today, he went into his consulting job at 3:30. He just got home. He's exhausted, so a heart-to-heart discussion would likely get lost on him right now ... as my money's on the idea that he'd fall asleep sitting up.

About today: Went to the zoo, R actually beat me there. I bopped through the gates right on time at 11:00, and he was already sitting there waiting for us. Guess he didn't want to cough up that $5 after all. We had a lot of fun, but it was really ... well, it was weird. I can't read him anymore. I had no idea what the hell he was thinking. It was strange because both of us took excruciating pain to not touch each other. And if we did, we stammered an apology. It was, in a word, odd.

Princess passed out cold in her stroller at about 1:15, and she woke up just as we were coming out of the tunnel at the front of the park. She had so much fun looking at the fishies, and the "baaabeee elll-uh-fennn-TUH" (baby elephant). She loved the monkeys, and talked to the "berrrr-deeees" (birdies). She was a bit perplexed that mommy and daddy were at the zoo with her. Together. And to tell you the truth, it was a perplexing situation, indeed.

Tomorrow is WalkAmerica. I raised, between everyone's donations and my company's matching grant ... $165. This is just short of the $200 goal I had set for myself, but still far more than others raised. I picked up our shirts (Princess is walking too ... well, taking the stroller for backup) and they are DARLING. I'll be sure to take lotsa photos.