not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, April 30, 2004

now i believe there comes a time
when everything just falls in line
you live and learn from your mistakes
the deepest cuts are healed by faith


I have been perusing my CD collection, as I will be putting in some major mileage over the next few weeks. That one's from my beloved Pat Benetar CD. It's really accurate right now. Only time and faith heal the deepest wounds. I can't manipulate time, but I can strengthen my faith in myself.

This weekend, we're having a kickoff meeting for my new service project. Next weekend, MOTHER'S DAY! Weekend after that, Girlfriend will be in Mrs. Ohio. And the weekend after that, I hope to bring Princess up here to my hometown festival. I always loved it as a little girl, and I hope that she'll love the parade and the big carnival that comes with it.

I'm seriously debating whether or not to stop in and see B tomorrow (whoa ... that one came outta left field, didn't it? Refer to the first posts in my journal for more on B). I drove by his business (he owns an exotic / classic car dealership) this afternoon and almost stopped. But I was rain-soaked and tired. We didn't really part that amicably last time. Here's the scoop (because I just kind of let him fade out, and didn't mention him again, per his request). He was a little skeeved out that I was writing about "things", and he requested just to fade into the background. So, I let it happen. We lost touch, as we are apt to do, and I haven't pursued it since. Maybe I'll stop by tomorrow. After all, it's just a friendly visit, right?

C asked me tonight (talk to him just about every day ... both of us have Verizon cell phones so we can converse at no cost) what B looked like. And I tried to describe him. I failed miserably. As I was just down watching a bit of TV, it hit me. He looks a lot like Jason Wiles (Bosco) from Third Watch. Not identical, but really really close. B has a nice smattering of freckles. Not obnoxious freckles, but freckles that are absolutely adorable. But yeah, that photo (click the link above) is pretty damned close. I have GOT to find a photo of B and I together.

Yep, I think I'll stop by. If I have a good hair day. Till tomorrow ...

PS. Here is at mom and dad's. I realize I'm just escaping the loneliness by getting out of Columbus. I just don't want to look at my empty house, with toys scattered everywhere, and think of my sweet girl all weekend until she comes home.