not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, April 29, 2004

No, mommy. No cry.

I have never been much of a "Friends" fan, but I have been watching the last couple of weeks. Tonight, it appears that Rachel and Ross are going to get back together. I sat on the floor and sobbed uncontrollably while holding my Princess. She just looked up at me with those big blue eyes and said "no mommy. no cry." Then she reached up and brushed away my tears and said it again in her whisper-sweet voice ... "no cry, mommy." And you know what? She's right.

I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of being alone. I'm tired of going to bed alone, waking up alone, coming home alone. I'm tired of the only man in my life being my cat. Don't get me wrong, Salem is quite the catch, but he's a little too hairy for my tastes.

My heart aches for a companion, a soulmate, a confidante. I have no one to share my joy, my pain, my life with. I am growing impatient with R to get his life together and decide what he wants. I really have tried hard to wait for him, but I don't know how much more I have in me. How much can a woman be expected to take before her entire life shatters like her broken heart?