not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, April 06, 2004

I'm a copy cat. Meow.

Futile Attempt inspired me! I put up my list of 100 Things this evening. Go forth and read all about me.

Today was super busy! I had meetings back-to-back all day long, and I barely had time to think today! I like days like this, because it makes the day go so quickly. I almost didn't have time to think about R today. Almost.

Do you ever get that feeling like you're being lied to? Because I have that feeling about R today. He told me last week that he couldn't keep the Princess on Wednesday because of his consulting work. Then he talked about some of the guys and him going salsa dancing. The more I think about it, the more I think he's full of it. Come on ... guys? Going salsa dancing? I've been salsa dancing before, and it's not really a "guy" activity ... it's hot, sweaty, and really provacative. Methinks he has a date and doesn't want to fess up about it to me, for some odd reason. See, I'm not dating anyone right now because I am making sure R knows that I'm serious about this whole "I want to work this out" thing. You know ... actions speak far louder than words. It upsets me to realize that he's dating someone else, but if he had plans, why didn't he just say so? Knowing that he's with someone else is painful, but lying to me hurts even worse.

I jokingly mentioned to him today that he would rather go see a friend of his that he hasn't seen in years and years, than go to the movies with me. He just laughed and apologized again. I said it wasn't necessary, but that sooner or later I would stop asking him out. And he goes "you must think I'm blowing you off, and I'm really not, I swear it!" Umm, I feel pretty blown off. But for some reason I continue to allow him to make a total fool of me. At least until after April 22nd. That's "decision day" for me. By then, we should have went out at least one time, and that should tell me whether I need to stick around after that or not.

A coworker told me today that I sure have a gorgeous smile. Don't know if he's married or what, I was totally taken off-guard by it. I was reminded yet again by Girlfriend that R is not worth my time, I'm pretty and smart and blah blah blah. Back in the day, I *was* pretty. I used to model professionally, and do pageants ... the whole nine. And I am smart ... book smart. I think I'm still attractive, but not "hot" anymore. According to the Tucker Max scale, I would say I'm a high two-star, maybe a three-star on a good hair day. I think I lose a full "hotness" point for being a divorced mom of a toddler.

Good night, all. See you tomorrow. Write up your own 100 Things and share 'em with me.