not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I'm a bad, bad, bad hippie.

I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with Wal-Mart's business practices. That said, I'm a single momma on a budget. Unfortunately, my pocketbook overruled my ethics and values tonight. I saved more than $60 on all of my summer necessities! For less than $200, I am now the proud owner of a table and chairs, patio umbrella and stand, and a new gas grill with a full tank. It's a good thing that the tank was full, too! Why, you ask? Because my cat is "super cat". I left my I.D. badge from work hanging on the inside of my doorknob, as usual, and the cat batted it around the deadbolt and clicked it shut. This locked Princess and I outside after putting together our new toys. Thankfully, I had my cell phone in my pocket and I called the maintenance guy to let us in. I felt like an ass. But hey ... I have a new grill. And that grill cooked my Princess a hot-doggie for dinner while we waited for the maintenance guy to let us in.

A "copy cat" from Just One Bite ... what's on YOUR keychain? On mine, I have a little piggie from my work (I work for a major financial institution), a gold anchor (my sorority's symbol), and multiple "frequent shopper" cards. My cards include: a CVS ExtraCare, a Giant Eagle Advantage, a Raisin Rack (organic grocery), and a Memories (scrapbooking store) card.

American Idol ... I'm not particularly a Fantasia fan, but OH MY GOD she blew me away tonight. Simply incredible. I think that Jasmine is a goner. Thankfully. And I hope she takes that damned flower with her.

Time to watch O.C. I totally adore Benjamin McKenzie. He's soooo cute, I just want to snuggle him all up. I'm not generally one for the "pretty boys", but I sure wouldn't kick him out of my bed for eating crackers.