not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, April 09, 2004

I Have More Issues Than National Geographic.

Hey all ... up at mom and dad's again. I think I've sufficiently fulfilled my "GOOD DAUGHTER" quotient for the next month or so. Got here last night after a 3.5 hour car ride (it should only take about 1.5 hrs.), and spent the day tying up loose ends for my major community service project (which takes place tomorrow). Princess is feeling a little bit under the weather, she has either allergies or a touch of a head cold. She's not fevered, but instead a little sniffly and snotty. She's still her wild-child self, don't worry.

I'll be glad for tomorrow to come and go. The major community project that I'm involved in lends itself to dramatic personalities, as well as toxic folks that have been known to stab others in the back if they feel it will suit them. Well, I've had just about enough destructive behavior from people ... I can beat myself up just fine, thankyouverymuch. I don't need their help. So tomorrow will be bittersweet, because it will be the end of a ten-year era with me ... but the beginning of yet another new chapter in my life.

News on the R front ... not much. He went to visit his folks in Houston for the Easter holiday. He has been conspicuously talkative since I sent "the letter" on Wednesday. Although I have been super busy with preparations for the program, and chasing after Princess Fussy-Pants, I still have the occasional pang of loneliness for R. After all ... this bittersweet end to my career with the Miss America organization will hurt, a lot. And I wish he were here to dry the tears that will inevitably come.

Last night's strange dream: I dreamt that I was pregnant again, and I re-lived the entire birth experience, but this time Princess was there in the delivery room with R and I. Particularly since we named the baby Caitlin (my favorite name that got vetoed by R). It was most bizarre ... I'll have to re-edit it and post it here for you guys. So, what does it all mean? Maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something. Anyone have a good dream translator handy?