not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, April 23, 2004

Hollister Ball-Cap? $20.
Aeropostale Sweatshirt? $18.
Your daughter’s cookie-face? Priceless.


Tonight was such a great night to go out and about. It was about 65* and not too windy. The rain also held off for us. We went shopping at Easton (by my work) and had a great time. We went to McDonald’s and got some “nuggies”, and then went cruised around and shopped. Since she was such a good sport, I took her to the Toll House store and got her a cookie. She got chocolate all over her face, it was an absolute riot. Of course, after that, there was a bath in the works, and then night night.

Tomorrow, we are going to the zoo. It still remains to be seen whether R joins us or not. He was supposed to, and I called him this afternoon to firm up plans, and he did not return my call. I sent him a text message to his cell phone that said something to the effect of “thanks for the call back. :) If you are going with us tomorrow, call me. If not, send me 5 bucks. –h.” (the $5 reference is a bet that I made with him … I bet him $5 that he would stand us up or be late.) Haven’t gotten that call back yet. I'll expect my $5 sometime next week. So, screw him.

My shrink says that actions are the heart's true speaking ... and words are just that. Actions are what you really mean. And eventually, actually really soon, I will start listening to his actions rather than his words.

10:15 PM update ... he called. Zoo. 11 AM. Meet ya there. He "claims" he didn't get my text message, but I think he's full of it. Good night, all, gonna be a long day tomorrow.