not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, April 25, 2004

Hell Hath No Fury Like A Lego Scorned.

Princess has this incessant need to take all of her legoes out of their box at the same time. And when I say all of them ... I mean it. Every. Single. Lego. Tonight, she was tired (finally got her to take a nap, more on that later), and was not happy that I made her clean up her legoes. Well, one got left out, on the darkened bathroom floor, and I stepped on the damned thing. I'm just glad that she's still young enough for the "duplo" blocks, and not the little tiny ones that will really make me cuss.

Speaking of naps, she finally passed out at about 3:30, and slept till almost 5. I went in to wake her up, and she was sleeping on the floor. She had gotten out of her bed, and had fallen asleep, baby-doll in hand, on the floor. Remind me why I spent a small fortune on her bed and linens again?

WalkAmerica was a blast. It really didn't rain until we were walking back to the truck, but instead it spit drizzly rain all day. We did the 1-mile "buggy brigade" instead of the long 5 mile walk, but it was OK. There were THOUSANDS of people there, and I saw several folks with the rolling bag that you had to raise $500 to get. So I hope that a lot of money was raised today to help fight prematurity. Girlfriend walked behind the banner, kicking off the walk. She's a current Mrs. pageant winner, and her platform is March Of Dimes. I got tons of photos!

No contact from R today. I didn't expect it, so that's OK. I guess I'm finally to the point to where I don't get my hopes up ... that way, when he lets me down (and inevitiably, he does) I don't feel quite so bad. I'm still sad, but not completely devistated as I used to be. I'm not sure how I'll approach the whole "we need to talk" thing. I'll have to sleep on it. As Austin Powers says ... "and ... I'm spent."

PS ... couldn't forget one of the most important things that happened today ... KEEP YOUR LAWS OFF MY BODY! I am a mother, a daughter, and a woman ... and I'm pro-choice. It's not MY place, or my government's place, to tell women what choices that they can and cannot make. I couldn't be there in person, but I am proud to support NARAL and the March For Women's Lives.