not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, April 05, 2004

Girl, you look so good, someone ought to put you on a plate and sop you up with a biscuit!

Today was a really quiet day; not much to talk about. So, when I have nothing to talk about, what do I think about? Of course. Sex! Or in my case, the lack thereof. What, you thought I'd say R? Tonight, it's a whine-free night. But only because my hormones are RAGING, and thinking about R will only aggravate them further. At any rate ...

During a very ... umm ... tantalizing discussion with C this evening, I uncovered a tragic truth. Why is it that a woman's sex drive is always inversely proportional to the amount of sex that a woman gets? When you don't get any, you want more. When the opportunity to get some sweet sweet lovin is there all the time, you assume the "take it or leave it" stance. I'm a little perplexed at this phenomenon. Maybe it's the whole "you always want what you haven't got" thing?

One of the major undoings of my marriage, I think, was my medication for depression. I was on 100 mg of Zoloft a day, and it KILLED my sex drive. I didn't understand what had happened to me until after I stopped taking the drugs. Now I realize that it stopped working about a year or so ago. I am now a far more positive person ... and now, I'm also a hormonal freak.

During the first week of my pills (which, coincidentally, is this week), I am a raving slut. Not literally, of course, but figuratively. God help the man that's lucky enough to get me in bed during the first week of these pills, because I don't think he'll be able to leave the house for a few days. Can you just imagine that call off from work? "Hey, I'm taking some ITO time today. I'm staying in bed all day. No, I'm not sick. Just getting laid. A lot. Gotta go ... time for foreplay again. Bye. "

After all this sex talk, I'm going to go pour myself a glass of wine, and take a nice bubble bath. It's just too bad that there's no one here to enjoy it with me.

Oh, and P.S. Check out this new blog I found. Great, eh? Surf on over to Red Whore and read a while.