not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Anything you want, we got it.
(including a hefty dose of guilt)


I am officially on a bender, ladies and gentlemen. When I get depressed, I really tie one on. I mean, totally sloppy tie one on. The lucky intoxicant this time? Kaufmann’s and Target. That’s right, I am a compulsive shopper. I am now the proud owner of Provocative Woman, a new mini-flag for my garden, nail polish, concealer stick, and Meow Mix. OK, I confess … the Meow Mix isn’t for me.

See, tomorrow is The Anniversary. At about 3:25 PM tomorrow, I’ll likely be in the bathroom at work sobbing uncontrollably. How life changes in four years! Four years ago, I made a promise. I promised to love, honor, and cherish a man, until death do us part. Umm, I’m pretty sure both of us are still alive. I broke a promise.

I was at Target, just meandering through the aisles. I cruised the photo frame aisles (have an autographed photo of Miss Ohio for my Princess, and I want to frame it and hang it up), and got stopped in the middle of one. There was a young couple, maybe 20 or 21, and they were all over each other. I just kind of stammered something that sounded like “I’m sorry”. I walked over, got the Meow Mix, and came back. They were making out in front of the wedding frames. I can only assume that they were shopping for wedding items. I just sniffled and walked out to check out. And the guilt hit that I broke a promise, and let the two most important people in my life down … R and my Princess.

American Idol: What. The. Hell. Someone please disconnect the phones from Hawaii and send Jasmine home already.

Till tomorrow …