not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, April 18, 2004

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

I was a total lazy girl today. I napped appropriately, cleaned my golf clubs, did research for my new community service project, cleaned the cat box, cleaned the kitchen, grilled myself a yummy steak and fresh asparagus, and watched an inordinate amount of television. It was so wonderful that I had absolutely no pressure today. It felt strange to not have a pressing schedule to adhere to.

Although, this week, I will be super busy. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my shrink. I haven't seen her in three weeks, because I've been what she terms "stable enough to space out appointments". I'm supposed to have lunch with R on Wednesday. Might try to hook up with a friend this week for lunch, too. Saturday is, in theory, "zoo day" with R and Princess.

Of real importance ... Sunday is WalkAmerica. My sister was a preemie, and Girlfriend's daughter was as well. If it weren't for March Of Dimes, it's doubtful my sister would still be here ... and MOD helped Girlfriend cope with the fact that she had her daughter 5 weeks early. If you'd like to sponsor me, please drop me an email and I'll refer you to my webpage ... you can make a donation online, even on a credit card! Every little bit helps, so even if it's just a few dollars ... please give.

Have a wonderful week. I'm going up to go to bed now. I just closed my windows and turned on my alarm ... time to fire up my A/C.

P.S. to those of you that voted "April 18th" as D-Day ... today has come and gone, and I'm still here in "hopelessly devoted to you" mode. Can ya tell I watched Grease today? Seriously, I think it's fair to all involved to wait and see how Zoo Day pans out on Saturday. I'll keep you posted.