not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, April 01, 2004

Absence is to love what wind is to fire:
It extinguishes the small, yet enkindles the great.


Today started out pretty sucky, but in the end it was a wonderful day! And I'm not April Foolin'.

The sucky part ... C pulled out for Atlanta today. I will really really miss him. I think a trip is in order as soon as he's settled in. The only time I've been to Hotlanta is when I actually cruised through the Hartsfeld airport to make a connecting flight. I hear Buckhead is a lot of fun, so I can't wait to visit. I just spoke to him, and he's past Lexington right now. They are going to drive till about midnight, and then get a hotel room and crash till about 6 AM and continue on to Atlanta.

The wonderful part ... I've talked about MAV quite often in my journal. She "aged out" of Miss Kentucky as the perennial first runner up. Well, this afternoon, she got the call that will change her life. Miss Southern Kentucky is unable to fulfill her obligations and compete at Miss Kentucky, so MAV is on her way! The official press release will come tomorrow, and she will be officially "crowned" on Saturday. I can't wait till she has a sparkly all her own!

I leave for my folks' house tomorrow. I'll be glad to get out of Columbus, because I think I draw strength from my "homestead"; not unlike Scarlett O'Hara. I'm supposed to meet up with the girls on Saturday night for some libations, and to celebrate MAV's initiation into royalty. Except we will be celebrating by proxy ... she'll be enjoying her first night as Miss Southern Kentucky.

R is going to his hometown, his "Tara", this weekend as well. He'll be travelling in a car with his mom for five hours each way. I hope that his trip is safe and fun. R's mom said that they are hustling to get up there tomorrow night, and then they have to leave by 6 AM to come home on Sunday. Sounds like a long but fun weekend.

I thought a lot about the last time we were there together this morning. I was cranky and just flat-out mean, I think. We never got to visit Dow Gardens together. I will be thinking of him all weekend, wondering what he's doing and hoping he's OK, and that the fates bring him home safely on Sunday. I would say "bring him home to me" ... but remember, I'm doing the laissez-faire thing ... so I'll reserve that for a later time. For now, just bringing him some safely is great for me. All good things come to those who wait. And wait. And wait some more.

Speaking of Sunday, that's my birthday. I'll be 27. It seems so strange to think that I'll come home to my apartment on my birthday, alone, without R. I'm totally not looking forward to it AT ALL. Maybe Cupid's just running a little late this year ... and he's just planning on bringing me one helluva birthday present.

Here's to a great Friday tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day.