not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, March 18, 2004

You seem embarrassed by being alone, by loneliness.
Really, it's only a place to start.


Even seen "Sabrina"? She goes to Paris to "find herself", and goes through an amazing swan-like transformation. The first step that she goes through is awkwardness, then into loneliness. Eventually, she becomes the beautiful Julia Ormond that we all know and love, shags Harrison Ford, and lives happily ever after with the billionaire.

I think I am a bit "Sabrina" right now. Although, I'm trapped in Central Ohio, and not Paris. And I'm sure as hell not Julia Ormond. But I really do hope that I can transcend this awful and empty feeling and become the self-assured woman in the end. And sure, shagging Harrison Ford would certainly be a nice bonus.

In other news, I'm doing "good daughter" duty this weekend. That's right, I'm traveling up to visit the parental units. The Princess' little dolly will be here tomorrow (isn't it dandy ... American Girl sends UPS tracking numbers with their shipping confirmations at no extra charge), and I'm getting her pictures made on Sunday. I can't wait.