not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, March 29, 2004

Whose leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

I rediscovered "Family Guy" today. I re-ignited my love affair with Stewie. Oh, how I'd forgotten about the fabulous Griffin family! I totally needed a good laugh today, and they supplied it.

Bedtime tonight was purely awful. Princess had her diapie changed, and her jammies put on, and I got her a sippy of milk. I don't know what prompted it, but after about five swigs from the cup, she took off running to the door, and yanked at the handle. She proceeded to scream for a good ten minutes for DADDY! DAADDDEEEEE! Her tantrum was complete with crocodile tears.

I felt like the world's crappiest mom. Even though I know that I am a wonderful mom, it still rips my heart out that she realized that he wasn't there. Sometimes I feel like I failed her somehow, like we took the easy way out and thinking that it would just be a seamless thing for her because she was so little. And even though she's just a little girl, she still senses it, I know it.

She screamed for her daddy for a total of about fifteen minutes. I couldn't take it, it just broke my heart into a million pieces. I just held her tight against my chest and sobbed with her. I stroked her beautiful blonde hair, and we both cried those heartbreakingly big tears together, and just rocked for almost an hour, and every time she cried for daddy I just held her tight, sobbed silently with her, and said softly ... "I know baby, I know. Me too. I miss him too ..."