not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Stuart Smalley At His Finest.

As part of my head shrinking yesterday, we discussed that women, particularly professional women, don't practice a good amount of what she calls "self care". By this, she means the whole affirmation that you are indeed "good enough, smart enough, and doggone it people like you". Also, a working mom is the worst kind of woman, because everything else takes away from her self-worth, and when there is time for her ... there's nothing left. So she suggested that I need to do something for myself. Hence the trip to Bath and Body Works.

Here I sit, $48.57 later.

I got:

A car freshener thingy with Fresh Linen inserts to plug into my steeenky car.
Two crackled candles (Raindrops and Blooms)
Two wallflower refills (Fresh linen)
some Fig hand cream
and a lipbalm, Red Currant.

I now have, at least, $48.57 worth of affirmation.