not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Saturday, March 13, 2004

If there's a prize for rotten judgement
I guess I've already won that.
No man is worth the aggravation
That's ancient history, been there, done that!


Super extra bonus points to anyone that can tell me where that song lyric comes from.

I don't have a whole heck of a lot to say today, other than I woke up with one hell of a migraine. Two imitrex, a dose of excedrin, and a dose of tylenol later ... it's gone. Soooo ... by request from one of my readers, here's a run-down of the cast of characters that make a regular appearance in my life. For better or for worse ... and from the beginning of my journal. Everyone's here, but not really in any order. Sorry.

First, and foremost ... there's R. R is my ex-husband, the father of my daughter, and a recurring cause of neurosis in my life. Going out on a limb here, dare I say it ... he is my soulmate. It remains to be seen what the course of our relationship will be.

The Princess is my daughter. She's 18 months old, and a fabulous little girl. She is brilliantly smart, absolutely adorable, and just the sweetest little thing EVER. And I'm not just saying that because I'm her momma.

T is short for "Traveller". T is my on-again, off-again whatever you want to call it. I can't call it a "boyfriend" because he travels far too much, and has other committments that I'm not at liberty to intrude upon. Consequently, I have put a significant amount of distance between the two of us.

B (aka One Hot Bitch) was my college boyfriend. He can also be categorized as the subject of many an Eagles song ... but most prominently, "Life In The Fast Lane". You know, "he was brutally handsome/she was terminally pretty ... they had one thing in common/they were good in bed ..." That's just about the extent of our relationship. We were super compatible in the bedroom, but that was about it. For some reason, we are incapable of maintaining a relationship of any kind.

Gal-Pal (reference the tattoo entry) lives in St. Louis. We met, ironically, on a wedding planning message board on AOL. We struck up an offiline conversation, poking fun at the other imbiciles on there, and became fast friends. We see each other a few times a year now ... she was here for Princess's birthday, and has been a bastion of support for me through some pretty tough times. It just goes to prove that you don't have to live close by to be a close friend.

MAV is a sweet little southern belle. Well, not too southern, she lives in northern KY ... heh heh, she said KY. Jesus Christ, the joke never gets old, does it? She totally deserves to be Miss Kentucky, but only has one more shot to make it to the big stage before she ages out.

M has a major obsession with all things New Kids, but most particularly, Jordan Knight. She's marrying a super sweet boy, and I hope they have a litter of children. She is enamored with The Princess, and continually drowns in her cuteness. M will also be my "partner in crime" next year for my major community service project ... along with ...

Z. She and M are high school friends. Z is a trip and a half. She's got a heart of gold, and balls of steel. If only she could find a man (with blue eyes) to treat her like the queen she is ...

Drama Queen is a military wife with two of the cutest daughters ever (next to The Princess, anyways). She hooks me up with big Pilates lovin.

A hooked up with M in a women's studies class during their college days. Turns out, that A is just as wild and crazy (if not more) than the rest of us.

C and E is short for a good friend of mine (C) and his girlfriend (E). If C knows what's good for him, he will never ever let E go. She's worth a million bucks, AND a Kate Spade.

I think that's all of em. Did I miss anyone?