not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, March 29, 2004

A Bittersweet Day.

This morning, I got a call that will change my life. My mom has been diagnosed with Systemic Lupus. Although Lupus isn't a death sentence in and of itself, it is affecting her other organs. Her kidney function is at about 40%. She's been informed that she is "not a candidate for transplant". So, this is the beginning of the end. Even though you always know that your parents aren't immortal or infallible, it is still really hard to stare it in the face.

R brought Princess home to me this evening. We talked briefly about my mom being sick. But it seemed like he had someplace else to be. I really need a broad shoulder to cry on, but I know he's got "other plans" if ya know what I mean. You ever just have "that vibe"? I don't know what to say to him, now that I unloaded on him. I know that I have to give him time and space, but it's really hard to do it. The control freak in me just wants to fix it NOW, but the realist knows that only time will heal this wound.

At any rate, I'm glad my princess is home. I missed her little voice and her smile.