not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, March 22, 2004

and as i float along this ocean
i can feel you like a notion that won’t seem to let me go


Today was a weird day.

First, I had training to sit through this morning, from 8:30 to noon. Pray tell, why do people schedule training sessions on Monday mornings? Hey ... what's that you say? You didn't get the memo? NO ONE IS LISTENING TO YOU. They are either sitting there contemplating how behind they already are for the week, or they are trying to zone out and trying to nurse what's left of their hangover from the weekend. And no, shitty bagels, dry danishes, and warm OJ will NOT make up for your sin of making me haul my ass into work on time. If you would have had omelettes or french toast, then maybe I could forgive your transgression.

Then, my boss' boss (follow that?) let us go home early today. She said that we had worked really hard on a project last week, and we should just take off the rest of the afternoon off completely paid. So, I headed to Nordie's and bought some new foundation (I'm just about out), then to WalMart to get an oil change on the truckster. Then, I came home, ate a depressing "Pizza For One", and now I'm just sleepy tired.

Oh, and on the R front. I pretty much unloaded on him via email that (of course it was much nicer than this) I was tired of being put off and treated like I was last on his list. And that I was going to stop asking him out if he wanted me to. And the reason I did it via email was because I didn't have the luxury of saying all that in person. So, we shall see what happens.

According to Einstein, insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. I imagine I'm damned near Charles Manson then. siiiiigh.

OH, and I'm firmly convinced that my laundry has sex and multiplies at night. Because there is easily twice as much as when I went to bed. UGH.

SONG OF THE DAY ... When I Look To The Sky by Train. Read the lyrics, they are really expressive and pretty much how I feel right about now.