not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, February 29, 2004

You're Toxic, I'm Slippin Under ...

A rare "two whines in one day" treat! Here is a synopsis of my hourlong IM with C, analyzing my neuroses.

I personify stupidity. Stupidity is defined as repeatedly banging your head on the same wall, but expecting different results. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm an attractive, accomplished woman. So why the hell do I want someone that blatantly disrespects me? Is the "wild oat sowing" period measured in time, or amount of partners, or what?

C says that it is measured in age. You have sown the appropriate amount of oats when you are of the age that you can grow up and realize what is best for you and you "grow up". I am in full agreeance with C ... R has not yet reached that age.

This all begs the question: Is this a "do as I say, not as I do" situation? By this I mean, do I wait in celibacy until R pulls his crap together and stops dry-humping random women in bars? Or do I move on, and hope he can catch up when/if he grows up? Put yourself in this position: Suppose that Someone pours their heart out to you, as I did to R this past week (and I DID pour my heart out). Do you take it more seriously if they say those things, and clear out all other "suitors", or do you watch them screw their way through the bar and think "hmm ... maybe she wasn't as serious as she said."

I hate moral quandaries.