not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Work it, work it ... Feel the burn.

I've recently (over the past two weeks, anyways) discovered a very effective way to release my anger and stress. See, when I'm stressed, I put all my hate and anger into the pit of my stomach. And then, after work, I go and release it on the poor, unsuspecting elliptical machine. Consequently, my thighs, calves, and arms hurt now.

I realized today that I need to find a qualified individual that can perform a radical cranial/rectal excision. Translated: I need someone to pull my head out of my ass for me. Because, apparently, I can't manage to do it myself. I am in a very strange place, almost an emotional limbo, and that needs to end quickly. I seriously considered staging an intervention today, but my horoscope eerily warned against it. I know that it sounds a little odd that I would rely on my horoscope to make a decision like that, but it assisted my nervousness to the point where I thought that maybe it wasn't such a brilliant idea after all. Maybe the stars will align tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, it will be 49* and sunny. I want to go for a walk, in the sunshine! I have spring fever something FIERCE. I just want to get out and feel the warm sun on my face, and a gentle breeze on my hands. And maybe I'll release my stress on my poor running shoes instead of the elliptical machine.

And the crappy part of my day (other than my incessant whining and pining for R) ... Howard Dean pulled out of the presidential race today. I don't know who will get my vote now, because I really like Edwards, but I know that Kerry will win. Oh my, what to do, what to do.

OH, and the best part of my day! I almost forgot. Saturday night, at Flannagan's ... JORDAN KNIGHT! Oh my goodness, be still my heart. Call me a dork all you want, he's a hottie.

Note the newest addition to my "daily reads". I don't know how she does it, because I sure don't have that kind of patience.