not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, February 26, 2004

solid stone is just
sand and water, baby
sand and water
and a million years gone by


Think about it. Sand + Water = Stone. Two substances that, alone, are not solid enough to sustain anything. But stone ... made up of just sand, water, and time ... is strong enough to weather even the toughest of storms. The song says "a million years gone by", but does it really take that long for the stone's strength to happen? The sand and water of my life will eventually strengthen into stone again, but I'm impatient for it to happen. How long does it usually take one to piece their life back together? Again, you can't look to the future if your past is present.

I can't sleep again. I think that I am reading far too much into this whole R thing. Maybe, maybe not. I just want some form of resolution, whether positive or negative, because this whole living in limbo thing sucks. As the princess says .... thaa juss not wite. We have plans on Saturday for me to finish my taxes, and I have offered movie times up for evening. I will need to firm up plans, one way or the other, tomorrow. I hope to be there when princess goes down for a nap, so that we can talk about this whole "Martini Puts Her Whole Life On Hold For R" thing. If not, I hope that we can at least steal a moment alone to talk about it. It's really hard to have a difficult discussion, like I am sure this will be, when there is a little cute person squawking about MOMMMEEEE!

I went tonight and got my hair colored and cut. I'm back to "OH MY GOD" red. I love the way my hair feels down my back right after getting it colored and cut ... it's so soft, and it tickles my skin. My eyebrows are perfectly arched again, as well. So, should I get rejected .... at least I'll look good while doing it.