not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, February 23, 2004

Risk Management, Not Risk Aversion.

Here's what I wrote in the card to R. I will deliver it, by hand, tonight. We shall see what the reaction is.

From investments to emotions, I've always been really nervous about taking a risk. Well, today, I'm taking what is most likely the biggest risk of my life. Time and time again, I have tried to concoct a persuasive case to present to you. But every time I try, I can't quite find just the right words. This card did it, and quite eloquently, with the exception of this one thing:

I don't want to go back to where we were at the end of our marriage. Ever. But I do want to start over again from here. With you.

We have both grown and changed so much in the past six months ... me far more so than you, I believe. I don't want to rush into anything, actually quite the contrary. Instead, I want to rediscover what it is that made us love each other in the first place, and start from there.

There are so many things that have led me to this place. Won't you let me tell you what they are?