not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, February 15, 2004

A reason to celebrate: Grain ferments into alcohol.

Thankfully, Valentine's Day has come and gone. And now, it's time to celebrate far more important things: St. Patrick's Day.

Being a nice young lady of the Irish persuasion, I look very forward to a day when I can unleash my debauchery with little to no remorse. And the celebration of my heritage is a fabulous opportunity! The lucky day this year is a Wednesday. If you are in the Metro Columbus (Ohio) area, and would like to go out, just drop me a line.

Today, I spent a good part of the day with R. We had a nice and frank discussion of what makes a "milestone", and what would necessitate communication regarding our daughter. He is fully aware that the Haircut Incident Of 2004 was not a good thing, and agreed to never be that boneheaded again. And in return, I agreed to drop my assault with words. I also had a nice time with him, but it still is a bit uncomfortable. I'm not sure what he thinks of me after I dropped that bombshell of a letter on him three weeks ago. In it, I basically laid out my thought process, and why I thought our marriage failed, and how I thought that we had made a mistake by divorcing so quickly (from when we agreed to seperate until the decree was finalized was approximately three months). I'm not sure what he's thinking about it, or even if he has thought about it at all. But I do think I feel better for getting it off my chest.

Truth is, I think that I loved him enough for both of us. When, in all reality, I should have been looking past the "fairy tale" outside and should have been looking at the cold hard truth. The truth is that maybe I didn't try hard enough. Maybe I was hard headed and stubborn. But the truth is ... all the maybes in the world don't matter any more. At least, I don't think so anyways. Trust is a funny thing: it's so hard to earn, but so easily lost. And my trust was violated. He broke my heart, and hurt me far more deeply than anyone has ever hurt me before. There's only been one other person in my life that I have allowed to break my heart, and it's so bizarre that they both are around at nearly the same time. Can I forgive R for what he's done? Maybe. I forgave B, but it took seven years. I may have done it sooner, but it took him seven years to ask.

In other news, tomorrow is President's Day. This means, boys and girls, that I have the day off of work, paid. Oh, how I adore working for a bank! I plan on spending the day scrapbooking with a friend, and picking up my little princess afterwards.

Today's Drama: I found out by pure accident that a news anchor I've had a soft spot in my heart for ... is gay. How could I possibly have missed this? HOW? I'm crushed. My heart has broken in a million little pieces.