not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, February 27, 2004

People can change their behaviors! They just need a reason, or lots of prescription drugs.

I think this statement is very true. People don't just change for no reason whatsoever ... they only make changes if they have had a traumatic event, or get a pill-poppin shrink.

I think that, by process of eliminating the drug angle, the trauma of my divorce has caused a major period of introspection. I have honestly grown as a woman in the past five months, more than I did over my entire college career. Hell, I think I was drunk for most of my college career.

Today's hormonal rant: Why is it that Mother Nature decides to wreak havoc on your life, two weeks early, when you have nothing to take care of the situation in your Kate Spade?

I called the doc and she asked me if I'd changed my eating habits and that it may be caused by that. So let me get this straight ... I eat crappy food, and I get fat ... I bleed. I eat right, drink less caffeine and other intoxicants, and I try to lose weight ... and I bleed. What. The. Hell.

OK. end of hormonal rant.

At any rate, I certainly hope that the sand and water give way to stone soon. I'm tired and weary of feeling as if I'm in limbo. Or maybe I'm just tired and weary of R keeping the big pink elephant alive in my living room. You know, everyone sees it looming, and everyone knows it's there, but no one seems to admit its existence.

I am enjoying this wonderful weather, and plan on enjoying a wonderful nap with the window cracked open as soon ... as ... I ... hit ... send.