not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, February 12, 2004

Martini's Crappy Week.
Or, more realistically, "When It Rains, It Pours."


I know I've been scarce this week. I hate Valentine's Day, but more on that later. Here's my week, in a nutshell.

Monday: Got to work, dug through email, realized that all but 2 of my 11 teams missed my deadline on Friday. Spent all day begging for information. Got promises from managers, felt like a failure. Mom calls, and lets me know that she lost her vision in her right eye, and is going to the doctor in the AM. Bank that the truck is financed through is annoying R because they say I didn't make the payment (which I did. the check cleared MY account last Friday). I had to straighten that out, and all was well.

Tuesday: Got to work. The people that promised me stuff bailed out on me, for the most part. I went back to everyone asking for stuff AGAIN. Mind you, I'm now two days past deadline. Mom calls, needs surgery. Juggle schedule, request Thursday off, and figure it out that I'm on a nasty deadline and I will have to likely work on Saturday. Like it matters anyways. Bank calls R more, I scream at them more, they have to call R to tell him it was their mistake. Try to pack, am unsuccessful because I spent all evening fighting with the bank. My work calls, they are able to get The Princess in to the on-site child care center there on Wednesday, which is really good because I want her to be there a few times prior to my regular sitter taking Maternity leave for two weeks in late July.

Wednesday: R was half hour late bringing The Princess to me (he couldn't be bothered with taking her all the way to my work, he brought her to my house). Noticed her haircut. Yep, he took her to get her first official haircut without me. Cried all the way to work. Got to work. Still no paperwork. Yes, it was due on Friday. Spent all day going from meeting to meeting. My last meeting of the day wasn't a "turn your stuff in" meeting as previously stated, it was a "everybody tell Martini how much we hate her for dictating this project to us" bash fest. It ended with me and my manager walking away, and with us crying in adjoining stalls in the bathroom. I picked The Princess up from the center (she had SO much fun) and then went home to get on the road. Got to bed at 1:45 ish.

Today: mom's surgery. She had to be there at 6, so we were up at 5:30 AM. It was supposed to take an hour, two tops. She was under for four hours. Drove home.

So, that's where I've been. It's not much fun being me this week. Or, for that matter, any week.

Boys: None. I am planning on spending Saturday being with my only man that loves me (my cat) and a bottle or three of wine.

AWNSDI: $42.00 in gas. Get paid tomorrow. Thank all the Gods.