not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Saturday, February 14, 2004

A Guest Writer.

This entry is a fabulous submission from my friend Drama Queen. Enjoy more of her rantings here!

"Move over on the "This made up Hallmark holiday sucks" bench. :-) I used to protest it in high school. I wore all black on Valentine's Day 'cause I HATED it. Brad and I don't celebrate it. Although, think back to grade school where you had a whole party with heart decorated cupcakes and all your friends. You got out of class for a little while and got to kick back, chat with your best friend, and enjoy some punch while handing out your Valentines. That was fun. I'm realizing I miss the old Valentine's Day when it was all about friends. I just hate the part that tells you you need to go out and be sweet just today, no other day, and everything will be perfect. @@

So let's go back to that gradeschool Valentine's Day. Screw jewlery and flowers and all that crap from guys. Lets send little paper Valentines (glitter and stickers are a must), have a cupcake (diets don't count when there's so damn much chocolate around), and celebrate the fact that our friends rock."