not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, February 20, 2004

Can you get to the future if your past is present?

Indeed, a lovely quote from Carrie Bradshaw. But how true it rings! Is it really possible to "move on" with your life, if your past continues to be a major driving force in it? As I told my friend A earlier today, I'm not very good at relinquishing control of things, also known as being "helpless", nor am I any good at being alone. And I'm plenty of both of those for now: helpless and alone. My horoscope said that it was a good day to "lay my cards on the table", but apparently it wasn't the best day to do so after all ... or R would be here listening to me do so, right now. I did invite him for a glass of wine (in his defense, it WAS via cell phone voice mail at 7:30 tonight, so it was a half-assed idea anyways), and didn't receive a return phone call. Granted, he's notorious for turning it off at night. Here's hoping he's just asleep.

Tomorrow night, I'm set for a fab-u-lous "girls night out". It will be great! We're going to see Jordan Knight at Flannagan's. I realize that my bizarre desire to see him perform live is bordering on teeny-bopper, but holy hell ... you should see M's obsession with him! She was ready to throw DOWN with me because I mentioned how cute I thought he was. Yes, dear readers. I'm 27, have a child, a luxury SUV, a great townhouse in a fabulous neighborhood, and a fast-track job with a major financial corporation ... And I -heart- Jordan Knight.

Oh, and P.S. ... I am NOT the designated driver tomorrow night ... to the contrary, I'm the designated drunk. I'm planning on becoming one of those women that I like to talk about, and having M, A, and MAV take me home and drop my sorry self on my couch afterwards. Make sure to turn off your cell phones, boys and girls, because I sure feel a drunk-dial comin on.