not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, February 01, 2004

The Brilliance Of Cleveland, Ohio

So, a few short years ago, Bill Belichick was fired by the Cleveland Browns organization. He just won the Super Bowl. I am firmly convinced that this is, indeed, yet another item in the long line of boneheaded things that Cleveland does with their sports teams. But it is also a phenomenon in life in general.

Have you ever had the whole "one that got away" theory? You know, with work, or school, or even a relationship? Is it the nostalgia that affects your memory so, or is it the wonder of what might have been? For instance, I wonder what would have happened if I wouldn't have picked my entire life up to follow R. Would I be in the same place in my life? Not likely. What if I would have taken the job I was offered with Miami-Dade? I'd likely be dead. Do you think that I would be happy if I would have stayed with my college boyfriend (aka One Hot Bitch)? Again, not likely.

There are days when I think that I'd rather be someone else. But for the most part, I wouldn't trade my life for a million bucks. Well, maybe a million bucks. OK, a million bucks and a Kate Spade ... and you got a deal.

In other news:

Survivor All-Stars started tonight. YAY, go Rudy. And I want to see the look on Jerri's face when she sees Colby.

Haven't heard a response on the letter to R. My letter took many forms over the past few months, so I would imagine it may take a little while for him to compose a response. My curiousity is well-piqued.

Haven't heard from T all weekend, apparently he is pouting again. Actually, he is pouting still, I assume.

Still waiting on that last W-2, so I can file my taxes already. I need the money.