not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Saturday, February 28, 2004

A Brave New Girl.

This song, even though it's by Britney Spears, is strangely appropriate right now. It's hard to imagine me as someone that isn't an open book in person, but actually saying the things that I write is very hard for me. Today, I all but cornered R about the card. I actually told him that we were completely ignoring the pink elephant in the living room. Because, we were. We both knew it was there, but we were dancing around it. But I am so proud of myself, because I went there with the purpose of actually setting the record straight. Well, that, and finishing my tax paperwork. But I digress.

He and I had a nice conversation, but it was interrupted by C's girlfriend stopping over (she had went walking with us earlier today). We made plans for me to come over tomorrow AM to finish the conversation. We discussed that we both missed each other, but neither of us knew what we wanted from the other. I think that both of us are in this "limbo" place because we are both so stubborn that we can't admit that we screwed up. But I did. I said, for the first time, that I was truly sorry. That is a HUGE step for me.

AND, get this ... I'm down a whopping 11 pounds in two and a half weeks. Apparently, not eating does a body a world of good.

I'm a brave new girl.