not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, January 15, 2004

How do I feel today? Sad.

Every time I think I'm cool with being single again, life comes and just slaps me upside the head.

See, today I had to brave the BMV. I am hoppin on a plane tomorrow to go see my gal-pal, and I made the reservations in my single name. The dilemma is that my drivers license is still in my married name. So I gathered my documentation, and my court papers, and off I went. As I sat there in the waiting room, it dawned on me that my life had come full-circle. I remember sitting there waiting with my crisp marriage license in hand, all excited to assume my new role as a wife ... so full of love and hope for the future. And today, I sat in the exact same place with the sad realization that I miss him. Maybe I don't really miss him, maybe I miss the idea of him. Maybe I miss my life as it was, not how it should be. My heart aches tonight.